Step 1: Consultation & Understanding Your Project Needs
For us to better understand your project needs, design, build and design. You can contact Jewel Developments for an obligation free consultation meeting to discuss your project with one of our experienced building designers.
Examples of common types of questions:
- Do I need a town planning or building permit?
- Can I put a unit in the back of this block?
- Can I put units on this block? If so, how many?
- How much does town planning cost/ building permits cost?
- How long does town planning take?
- How long does it take for a renovation/ new home build?
- Design styles and specific site variables
- Cost estimates of town planning drawings/ working drawings & permits
- Information on new home/ renovation/ extension/ unit development builds
- Realistic time frames for design, planning and building processes
Step 2: Design, Planning Permits & Working Drawings
Once you have made the decision to engage with Jewel Developments, you will be contacted by one of our team members to discuss your project in more detail.
This discussion can be made over the phone, in person or via email in which you can give us more detail about your project, design briefs, requirements or ideas to get started with the design process.
During this conversation, we will also organise a time and date for a site visit to see existing conditions and advise if any external consultants will be needed. We will also ask for any property certificates/ survey plans that you may have.
Some external consultation works that may be needed include:
- Feature survey plan
- Land management plan
- Geo tech report
- BAL report
- Arborist report
- Drainage plan
- Landscape plan
After the town planning stage, the drawings will then continue onto the working drawings stage. From here, our building designers provide detailed and real world working drawings for the construction phase of the project.
During this process, external drawings from the engineer will be acquired and an energy report to complete the working drawings to submit to a building surveyor.
After this process is completed, you will be given copies of town planning/ working drawings or both depending on the scope of your project.
Step 3: Building Works & Construction
Jewel Developments also provides building and civil works construction for new home builds, renovations, extensions and unit developments.
If engaging in building works for your project with Jewel Developments, another meeting will be held to discuss your budget, building needs and time frame.
7 Exeter Road, Croydon North VIC 3136
Phone: (03) 9727 4995
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri (9am-4pm)